New to the world of podcasts and not sure where exactly to begin? You've come to the right place! Keep reading to get an introduction into what podcasts are and how you can enjoy them.
What's a podcast?
A podcast is a digital radio broadcast. The format is similar to traditional radio shows, but the delivery is revolutionary. Instead of having to tune into your favorite show at a certain time, with podcasts you can save the show and listen to it any time.
Podcasts are episodic productions, meaning there is usually a new episode to listen to frequently. Episodes are released on a regular schedule, usually weekly.
How do I listen to a podcast?
There are two ways to get podcasts. Since podcasts are episodic and recurring, the most common way to obtain a podcast is by subscribing to it using iTunes or an RSS reader. With Creators Broadcasting Network podcasts, you can also listen to a single episode with ease.
Subscribe using iTunes
- Click on the iTunes button on any show or episode page.
- On the iTunes page, click on "View in iTunes"
- Within iTunes, click on the Subscribe button.
- iTunes will now automatically download new episodes of the show you subscribed to, and they will be synced to your iDevices.
Subscribe using RSS
- Click on the orange RSS button on any show or episode page.
- Copy the URL of the feed you are shown, and subscribe to it in your RSS reader of choice.
- Your reader will now automatically show you new episodes of the show you subscribed to.
- To listen to an episode, download the MP3 file attached to the episode and listen to it with your music player of choice.
Listen on Creators Broadcasting Network
- Select the episode you want to listen to on Creators Broadcasting.
- From the episode page, locate the Links section.
- To listen to the episode directly on the website, select the stream link to use the embedded MP3 streamer.
- To listen to the episode in an MP3 player of your choice, select the download link and save the MP3 file to your computer.